Thursday, September 27, 2012

Tom Waits - Watch Her Disappear

Last night I dreamed that I was dreaming of you And from a window across the lawn I watched you undress Wearing your sunset of purple tightly woven around your hair That rose in strangled ebony curls Moving in a yellow bedroom light The air is wet with sound The faraway yelping of a wounded dog And the ground is drinking a slow faucet leak Your house is so soft and fading as it soaks the black summer heat A light goes on and the door opens And a yellow cat runs out on the stream of hall light and into the yard A wooden cherry scent is faintly breathing the air I hear your champagne laugh You wear two lavender orchids One in your hair and one on your hip A string of yellow carnival lights comes on with the dusk Circling the lake with a slowly dipping halo And I hear a banjo tango And you dance into the shadow of a black poplar tree And I watched you as you disappeared I watched you as you disappeared...
by (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXD3StsKCJk)

No comments: