Thursday, April 02, 2015

Everything I've Done in My Career Has Terrified Me

She is believed to have said: “I do what I do, because there is a Hitler inside of me.” I love that quote because it sums up the human condition. It’s about integrating your dark and your light, it’s about doing battle with the thing in yourself that terrifies you the most, or the thing that you hate about yourself. So the only thing I can say about success is that perhaps we need to stop looking for happiness, money, fame, love, status and recognition and instead go find “the Hitler” inside of ourselves and spend the rest of our lives trying to wrestle him to the ground. If you succeed, you might feel successful, but most probably you will be too old for anyone to care.
by (https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/everything-ive-done-my-career-has-terrified-me-aasif-mandvi)

No comments: